Native Argentina and Culinary Wonders
Explore the arts and culinary delights from contemporary Buenos Aires, wine country of Salta to the rich indigenous communities. In Buenos Aires, visit recuperated cooperatives, take arts lessons, learn about the city’s sustainable initiatives, and enjoy a typical barbeque “parrillada” and tango show. In Salta, explore the distinct culinary traditions and “high-altitude” wine region. Visit indigenous communities of Salta to learn about cuisine, art, social issues and spirituality.
Day 1: Buenos Aires
After arrival and check-in at hotel, enjoy a city tour including Mothers of Plaza de Mayo. Conclude with dinner and an orientation meeting.
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Continue the city tour with discussions on arts and architecture. In the afternoon, visit an NGO working on sustainable innovations for the city. Participate in a culinary demo or traditional bbq (Parrillada) for dinner and a tango show.
Day 3: Buenos Aires
This morning, enjoy arts lessons and visit an artist’s studio. After lunch, explore agritourism with a farm visit followed by a cultural activity.
Day 4: Buenos Aires/San Telmo
Visit the crafts fair and the famous flea market in San Telmo.
Day 5: Buenos Aires to Salta
Check into the hotel in Salta and enjoy an evening free to explore the cultural night activities.
Day 6: Salta
Take a city tour exploring the Ninth of July Square, the neoclassical cathedral, Museum of Contemporary Art, the Cabildo (in former times, the city's town hall, nowadays a historical museum) and the Museum of High Mountain Archeology (which houses artifacts from the Inca civilization). After lunch, visit to Saint Francis Church and enjoy an evening presentation about the history and indigenous issues in Argentina.
Day 7: Salta
Continue the city tour and visit San Bernardo Hill, the summit where visitors can get an awe-inspiring view of the city and the entire valley. Later in the day enjoy a visit to an NGO and culinary lesson.
Day 8: Salta
Excursion to exchange with nearby indigenous community.
Day 9: Salta
Excursion to a rural community development project. Also, visit with a maker of high altitude wine.
Day 10: Buenos Aires
In the morning, take a look at social responsibility with a particular focus on economy, workers rights and La Vaca. In the afternoon, enjoy an in-depth music and dance lesson followed by a visit to a youth cultural institution. In the evening have a farewell dinner and party.
Day 11: Buenos Aires-Home
Breakfast and fly home (or on to Patagonia Extension).
Suggested Tour Dates:
Year-round, depending on the regions visited and activities included in the customized itinerary. This is a sample itinerary and EcoArts can create a program based on any art, sustainable, social, volunteer, adventure, spiritual, cultural and other requested specifications.
Prices vary according to group sizes. Based on the sample itinerary, estimated prices are as follows.
Group size of 10-11
Group size of 14-15
Group size of 20
The price includes
• All confirmations in the program
• Double room accommodations
• Transportation by private, air-conditioned motor coach as well as transfers for group as appropriate, in addition to all other land and water transportation.
• Global Exchange/EcoArts Tour trip representative to accompany the group through the whole touring period and/or English speaking, tour guide(s) to accompany the group throughout the touring period.
• Preparatory reading materials
• RT Airfare from Buenos Aires to Salta
• Admission and fees to museums, program activities and lessons
• Honoraria for conservation and arts professionals and donations to organizations
• Global Exchange annual membership fee of $35 (this amount is tax deductible)
• Two meals a day
• Philanthropic and carbon offset donations to One Million Lights and Native Energy
The price does NOT include
• Extra baggage fees
• Expenses of a purely personal nature
• Room service charges
• Gratuities to the bellboys, waiters, guide and driver
• Extra Beverages and one meal a day
• Travel Insurance (We strongly advise that each participant arrange for their own travel insurance)
Customize This Tour
Application and Deposit: A $400 non-refundable deposit (that is included in the total tour cost) and registration forms are required from each tour participant to secure a participant’s reservation. Call Rosalyn at 415-680-3474 to receive an application or more information to customize this tour today.